Friday, November 18, 2011

Miss Representation

Hello all!

I'm glad you joined me for yesterday's broadcast at 5pm EST on the topic of the documentary "Miss Representation."

"Miss Representation" is a documentary that was written, produced, and narrated by Jennifer Siebel Newsom, whose name I could not remember on yesterday's show. The documentary first aired on television on the OWN Oprah Winfrey Network the week of October 16th 2011. 

If you'd like to catch the documentary check your local listings of the OWN channel to see when it's coming on again, invite some your besties and have a screening and a discussion forum afterwards. Make a party of it.

This documentary is all about how girls and women are misrepresented in the media - all types of media - music, videos, movies, news, television shows, and politics. Check it the site. Click HERE

It expressed views from a diverse group teenage girls and boys and women - well-known and general public. I shared my favorite touching moments from the documentary on the radio show. 

I also talked about the importance of communication about our feelings as women and particularly, listening to the teenage girls around you and pay attention to what they really saying through their behaviors and attitudes.

Open lines of communication is the key here.

Check out the broadcast in the archives on this site or click HERE

Join me next Tuesday 11/22/11 for the topic "What is Feminism?".  I will share my thoughts and resources on feminism and why I think it's important to embrace this philosophy nowadays. 

Many blessings to you all!

Remember - Socrates said, "An unexamined life is not worth living."  Talk about your experiences, share your life with others, and listen to what others are saying to you.

Peace & blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment